Gilda’s Club Quad Cities launches Expanding Hope Capital Campaign
Every year, more than 2,000 people will be diagnosed with cancer in our community.
Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is committed to making sure people living with cancer and their families will have better access to psychosocial programs and services expanding to two new locations in Iowa and Illinois.
In March of 2022, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities partnered with Genesis Health System to begin construction on an 8,500 square foot Clubhouse located directly above the Cancer Care Institute at the Genesis West Campus in Davenport, IA. Once open, Gilda’s Club at Genesis will join with Gilda’s Club at UnityPoint Health -Trinity located down the hall from the Cancer Center at their Moline campus, bridging the geographical gap in access to care and bringing support and services closer to their clients.
To support this expansion, we launched Expanding Hope, a capital campaign with a goal of $1.6 MIL to custom build two new locations on each side of the river. Gilda’s Club is in the final phase of this fundraising campaign with just under $300,000 left to raise to support the expansion of programs within these new locations. Proceeds from the campaign will ensure Gilda’s Club will be there to support and serve its members – on both sides of the river – for many years to come.
“Gilda’s Club gives me the strength to keep up the fight and has helped me communicate my feelings with my family.” – Kim
Will you expand hope:
- for kids impacted by cancer: $1,000 keeps Noogieland kids programs funded for an entire month
- for families impacted by cancer: $25 supports a family for a week or make it a month by giving $100
- for a mother, a sister, a wife: $500 provides services for one member for an entire year
- for a father, a grandpa, a husband: $250 ensures our members have group session support
Genesis Medical Center, Davenport West Campus
8,500 square feet and located on the second floor directly above the Genesis Cancer Care Institute
- Welcoming community room with resource center and coffee bar
- Three support rooms for group sessions
- Kitchen space, the heart of the Clubhouse, for hosting social events, educational programs, and informal gatherings
- Noogieland, a special place for kids and also houses an art studio for Creative Sessions
- Teen and Young Adult Lounge
- Yoga & Wellness Studio including programs like Yoga 4 Cancer, chair yoga, and group meditation
UnityPoint Health—Trinity, Moline Campus
1,200 square feet located on the first floor of the Moline campus between the Cancer Center and Main Hospital Entrance.
- Welcoming community room with resource center
- Multifunctional space that gives flexibility to host healthy lifestyle activities and educational programs
- Support group room for individual and group sessions
- Kitchenette with Coffee Bar