Are you strong enough to pull a 30,000-pound airplane down the runway? Let’s find out! The Pulling for Hope Plane Pull, hosted by Gilda’s Club Quad Cities with help from the Quad City Air Show, pits teams of 10 against a C47 aircraft weighing around 30,000 pounds. This extreme event is an is an epic man vs. machine challenge that features plenty of fun and competitive spirit, all to raise money for Gilda’s Club Quad Cities!
The Pulling for Hope Plane Pull will take place on Saturday, June 29 at the Davenport Municipal Airport. Registration will open at 5pm with the competition set to begin at 6pm. All participants will receive a t-shirt and admission into the Quad City Air Show. A packet pick-up will be held prior to the event for those who wish to receive their shirt and ticket in advance.
This team building experience is unlike any other and is a great opportunity for groups to pull together for a common cause. Teams consist of a maximum of 10 members but can choose to pull with less than 10 if desired. Groups will compete to pull the plane 12 feet in the fastest amount of time – with two consecutive pulls. Each team should collect a minimum of $600 for the privilege of competing in this exclusive event. All funds raised will remain local to our community and support the mission of Gilda’s Club of providing FREE cancer programs, education, support & healthy lifestyle activities to anyone impacted by cancer in our community.
The event is open to the public and will also include entertainment, food, an awards ceremony and various activities for the whole family.
Registration is now open for this exclusive event with various team divisions to choose from. Team Divisions include:
- Open: general public
- Public Safety: at least 50% of the team members must be public safety competitors
- High School/College: at least 50% of team members must be from high school or college
- Survivor: at least 50% of team members must be cancer survivors
- Co-Ed: at least 50% of team members must be female
- Military: at least 50% of team members must be veterans or active duty competitors
Custom awards will be given for the following categories:
- Fastest Pull – in each of the 6 divisions
- Grand Champion
- Top Fundraising Team
In addition to the thrill of a lifetime and knowing that you’re helping a great cause, prizes are also available to motivated fundraising groups.
Items will be awarded to each team member in the following categories:
- $600: You get official bragging rights and the exclusive opportunity to pull a plane! Plus, each team member will receive a t-shirt and admission into the Quad City Air Show.
- $1,500: Plane Pull Can Cooler
- $2,500: Plane Pull Cooler
- $5,000: Plane Pull Softshell, Zip Up Jacket
This event is made possible through the support from Estes Construction and the Quad City Air Show.
About Gilda’s Club Quad Cities
Free of charge, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities provides support, education and hope to all people affected by cancer. As a Cancer Support Community affiliate, we are part of the largest employer of psychosocial oncology mental health professionals in the United States. Our global network brings the highest quality cancer support to the millions of people touched by cancer. Gilda’s Club is located at 1234 E. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52803.