Gilda’s Club Quad Cities seeks new President/CEO! Our current CEO is retiring at the end of 2015, and we are currently accepting applications for this position.
Gilda’s Club provides hope, education and support to people with cancer and their loved ones. Through professionally led support groups, informational workshops and mind/body classes, people affected by cancer learn vital skills to improve the quality of their lives and make them better partners with their medical professionals. All programs and services are provided free of charge to our members. Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is affiliated with the largest professionally led network of cancer support worldwide, the Cancer Support Community.
The President and CEO is responsible for all operations of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities, including implementation of all plans, policies and goals adopted by the Board. The position reports to the Board and supervises a Program Director, Development Director, and all leadership staff.
In addition, the CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support to advance the mission of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities. The CEO is the brand steward and takes and active role in growing and protecting the brand.
Major duties include:
- Fundraising and development
- Developing annual goals and long term strategic plans in partnership with the board of directors
- Community outreach across public, private and corporate sectors
- Developing and managing annual budget
Additionally, the CEO and President of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities:
- Must possess the experience, judgment and capabilities to become a recognized leader in the local non-profit community, as well as a respected leader in the community at large.
- Will be a results-driven, high-energy professional of unquestionable integrity with a passion for the mission of the organization.
- Has the ability to anticipate changes in healthcare and solidify hospital relationships and partnerships
- Capable of and interested in Cancer Advocacy.
The candidate should have ten years of increasing responsibility in non-profit or business management and a Bachelor’s degree. Masters and formal leadership training preferred.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirement via email to: Julie@gildasclubqc.org