Being a young adult diagnosed with cancer creates many challenges and STRESS
Have you ever had the following thoughts related to your diagnosis?
- I didn’t know WHAT I didn’t know!
- They try, but my friends just don’t get what I’m going through.
- How will anyone be attracted to me?!
If so, then you’re not alone. These are common concerns for Young Adults diagnosed with cancer.
Over the course of 6 weeks, this Young Adult Stress Management Program will address:
- Cancer & Treatments
- Making Decisions
- Health Mind & Body
IN-PERSON LOCATIONS & DATES (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.):
Click on a date below to register, or address for directions.
- Tuesdays, ends 4/17 – Muscatine: Muscatine Community College (152 Colorado Street), Loper Hall, 103
- Tuesdays, ends 4/17 – Coralville: Iowa River Landing (105 East 9th Street)
- Wednesdays, ends 4/18 – Cedar Rapids: Public Library (450 5th Ave SE)
- Tuesdays, ends 5/8, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Clinton, : YWCA (317 7th Ave S), Tea Room
ONLINE START DATES:
Join us for an online version on of our new program. You can participate in the group from the comfort of your own home! Two weekly group times to choose from.
- Saturdays, starting 4/21, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Online via GoToMeeting
- Mondays, starting 4/30, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Online via GoToMeeting
To register, please click on one of the dates above.
This program is made possible by the Iowa Cancer Consortium & the Iowa Department of Public Health.