Gilda’s Club and its network affiliates across the country have offered support, education and hope to people touched by cancer for nearly 30 years. Now, Open to Options™, helps patients identify important questions about their treatment options based upon their personal needs. Available at no cost, this service will help patients to:
- Communicate more clearly with their medical team
- Ask critical questions about their options
- Make treatment decisions that best fit their personal desires and goals
Open to Options™ participants have reported:
- Decreased feelings of distress and anxiety
- Increased confidence in working with their medical team
- The ability to hold more productive discussions with their doctor
- Satisfaction in having most or all of their questions answered
To schedule a session with an Open to Options™ Specialist patients should contact Melissa Wright or Anita Shaft by calling Gilda’s Club Quad Cities at 563-326-7504.
*Please Note: The Open to Options™ program does not provide therapy, give advice, educate about treatment options, correct misinformation, etc. We simply help the person develop a personal list of questions and concerns that are most important to them as they prepare for the meetings with their doctors.