- Residential specialty camp for kids entering grades 4-9 affected by cancer in the family
- June 17-22, 2018 at Camp Shalom in Maquoketa, IA
- Hands-On group activities with Gilda’s Club staff
- Traditional camp experiences with archery, canoeing, swimming, gaga ball & more
- Field trip to Genesis Cancer Care Institute
- Free camp experience thanks to Genesis Cancer Care Institute
A Cancer Education Program for Parents
- Enhance communication with your child in talking about your cancer
- Draw out your child’s feelings and concerns about your cancer
- Support your child and decrease stress related to your cancer
For Next Session Dates call Anita at (563) 326-7504
A Stress Management Class for Cancer Patients
Through weekly group sessions, cancer patients will learn:
- Strategies to help manage stress
- Ways to lessen the impact of physical symptoms of cancer
- Skills to cope with common problems faced by people with cancer
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 5:15 – 6:45 PM, beginning March 13, 2018, at UnityPoint Health – Trinity Cancer Center.
The mission of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Free of charge, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities provides support, education and hope to all people affected by cancer. As a Cancer Support Community affiliate, we are part of the largest employer of psychosocial oncology mental health professionals in the United States. Our global network brings the highest quality cancer support to the millions of people touched by cancer.
Gilda’s Club Quad Cities Program Director, Melissa Wright, has made the decision to pursue her family’s dream of moving to Colorado and has resigned her position effective April 26, 2018. Melissa served as the first and only Program Director for our affiliate for...read more
April, 5 2018 - Gilda’s Club Quad Cities CEO Sally Werner was promoted to Senior Vice President of Affiliate Relations at Cancer Support Community, of which Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is an affiliate. Joy McMeekan, Gilda’s Club Development Director, was named Interim...read more
Sign up for our email list and stay updated with Gilda’s Club activities in the Quad Cities.