Moving Beyond Treatment
Begins Tuesday, May 7, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
A six-week workshop designed to help cancer survivors make the transition from active treatment to post-treatment care.
- Expert Panelists including an oncology nurse, dietitian, and physical therapist
- Each session includes exercise tailored to each participant’s abilities
- Cancer Transitions will answer many of your questions about cancer survivorship post-cancer treatment
- You must be out of treatment, and a signed program waiver review by physician to participate
A Cancer Education Program for Parents
A five-session workshop to help diagnosed parents talk with their child. The program includes ways you can:
- Enhance communication with your child in talking about your cancer.
- Draw out your child’s feelings and concerns.
- Support your child and decrease stress related to your cancer.
- “She didn’t really talk about it. Maybe that’s because she didn’t know how to put it into words,” Parent of a 9-year old
- Next session dates April 3rd, 17th May 1st, 15th & 29th
Questions? Please contact Anita at Gilda’s Club (563) 326-7504.
The mission of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Free of charge, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities provides support, education and hope to all people affected by cancer. As a Cancer Support Community affiliate, we are part of the largest employer of psychosocial oncology mental health professionals in the United States. Our global network brings the highest quality cancer support to the millions of people touched by cancer.
Are you strong enough to pull a 30,000-pound airplane down the runway? Let’s find out! The Pulling for Hope Plane Pull, hosted by Gilda’s Club Quad Cities with help from the Quad City Air Show, pits teams of 10 against a C47 aircraft weighing around 30,000 pounds....read more
DAVENPORT, IA – March 5, 2019 –The Cancer Support Community joined with Walgreens in announcing the expansion of Feel More Like You™. This is a first-of-its-kind pharmacy, health and beauty service available at no cost to help people living with cancer manage...read more
Sign up for our email list and stay updated with Gilda’s Club activities in the Quad Cities.