Moving Beyond Treatment
A six-week workshop designed to help cancer survivors make the transition from active treatment to post-treatment care.
- Expert Panelists including an oncology nurse, dietitian, and physical therapist
- Each session includes exercise tailored to each participant’s abilities
- Cancer Transitions will answer many of your questions about cancer survivorship post-cancer treatment
- You must be out of treatment, and a signed program waiver review by physician to participate
Muscatine 8-Week Mind, Body, Spirit Challenge
Anyone impacted by cancer is invited to join us in March and April of 2019 for various healthy lifestyle workshops and earn prizes! All workshops will include a Spanish interpreter.
Activities include a cancer support group, chair yoga, a stress management workshop, meditation, a Creative Session with Living Proof Exhibit, our annual Gilda’s Run for Laughs, a Tai Chi/Lymphedema workshop, and a cutting sugar workshop with a cooking demonstration.
Participants who attend four unique events will earn a special challenge t-shirt, and participants who attend eight unique events will earn a Gilda’s Club tumbler!
This program is made possible by The Iowa Cancer Consortium & The Iowa Department of Public Health.
A Cancer Education Program for Parents
A five-session workshop to help diagnosed parents talk with their child. The program includes ways you can:
- Enhance communication with your child in talking about your cancer.
- Draw out your child’s feelings and concerns.
- Support your child and decrease stress related to your cancer.
- “She didn’t really talk about it. Maybe that’s because she didn’t know how to put it into words,” Parent of a 9-year old
- Next session dates April 3rd, 17th May 1st, 15th & 29th
Questions? Please contact Anita at Gilda’s Club (563) 326-7504.
Program to Help People with Cancer Manage Stress
Through weekly group sessions, cancer patients will learn:
- Strategies to help manage stress
- Ways to lessen the impact of physical symptoms of cancer
- Skills to cope with common problems faced by people with cancer
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 10:00- 11:30 PM, starting February 19, 2019 at Gilda’s Club.
Registration is now open for our 20th annual Gilda’s Run for Laughs being held on Saturday, April 27 in the District of Rock Island! Grab your friends and family and register today!
Do you have what it takes to pull a 30,000 pound airplane 12 feet down the runway? Let’s find out! Join us as we help to kick off the 2019 Quad City Air Show with our first ever, Pulling for Hope Plane Pull!
The mission of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Free of charge, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities provides support, education and hope to all people affected by cancer. As a Cancer Support Community affiliate, we are part of the largest employer of psychosocial oncology mental health professionals in the United States. Our global network brings the highest quality cancer support to the millions of people touched by cancer.
MOLINE, Ill. – On Saturday, Feb. 9, the Quad City Storm hockey team defeated archrivals, The Peoria Rivermen, for a Hockey Fights Cancer game at the TaxSlayer Center to raise money for Gilda’s Club Quad Cities. The Quad City Storm and Ascentra Credit Union teamed up...read more
DAVENPORT, IA ––January 2019 –Gilda’s Club is now accepting participants interested in the Enhancing Connections program for cancer patients with children. This five-session program will meet bi-weekly at Gilda’s Club (1234 East River Drive, Davenport). Enhancing...read more
Sign up for our email list and stay updated with Gilda’s Club activities in the Quad Cities.