Moving Beyond Treatment
A six-week workshop designed to help cancer survivors make the transition from active treatment to post-treatment care.
- Expert Panelists including an oncology nurse, dietitian, and physical therapist
- Each session includes exercise tailored to each participant’s abilities
- Cancer Transitions will answer many of your questions about cancer survivorship post-cancer treatment
- You must be out of treatment, and a signed program waiver review by physician to participate
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 7:30 PM, starting February 5, 2019 ending March 12, 2019, at Gilda’s Club.
Are you a cancer survivor? Have you helped a family member or friend deal with cancer? How did you learn to live with cancer?
We are looking for honest, detailed personal essays by young writers (11th-12th grade) who demonstrate an authentic ability to move readers by sharing their experience with cancer.
We have two $1000 prizes!
- Essay and completed contest entry form must be submitted by mail or email (in PDF format), postmarked by 2/1/2019.
- Essay must be typed, double spaced, and 500 to 2000 words long.
- Essays will be read by a panel of celebrity judges: Paula Sands – Paula Sands Live, Denise Hnytka – WQAD, & John Marx – The Dispatch-Argus.
The mission of Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Free of charge, Gilda’s Club Quad Cities provides support, education and hope to all people affected by cancer. As a Cancer Support Community affiliate, we are part of the largest employer of psychosocial oncology mental health professionals in the United States. Our global network brings the highest quality cancer support to the millions of people touched by cancer.
Gilda’s Club Quad Cities and the Iowa Cancer Consortium hosted a local Biden Cancer Community Summit on Friday, September 21, 2018 #BidenCancerSummit #TakeOnCancer Designed to inspire and provoke collaborative action, the Biden Cancer Summit program will highlight...read more
June 12, 2018 (Davenport, Iowa) – The 11th annual QC Cancer Awareness Ride, formerly known as the QC Ride for the Cure, will take place on Sunday, August 19 at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 Locust St. Davenport. The ride continues to be an amazing event for...read more
Sign up for our email list and stay updated with Gilda’s Club activities in the Quad Cities.